We all move through various social groups. Our good friends don't necessarily know each other. What if there could be a way to connect our good friends from one location to other friends, who live somewhere else? What friends from one group could contact directly other friends, then solicit their advice or company? What if we could all enlarge our friends' network and add to it other interesting people, with whom we have in common a friend but whom we would not normally get to meet?
FriendShare is based on the following assumptions:
• we do not know all our friends' good friends
• friends are resources that one can use in time of need
• there is not necessarily a need for an intermediary
• people do not mind sharing personal information with other close friends
• people would help a stranger as long as he is a friend of a friend, one degree away